Tag Archives: Fish Market

Fish Market c. 1890

Fish Market c. 1890

Between 1865 and 1892, the Melbourne Fish Market occupied the Flinders and Swanston streets south- west corner. It was of white brick and stucco with a large central chamber 16m high surrounded by 14 slate slabbed stalls, fountains for washing fish, an arcade and room for carts to enter at auction time. The building housed

Top
%d bloggers like this: